The American Epilepsy Society (AES) is committed to the safety and well-being of our Annual Meeting attendees, exhibitors, staff, vendors, and partners. AES will follow any COVID-19 mitigation guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), plus any Tennessee state and local requirements that are in place at the time of the meeting.
By registering, you are agreeing to abide by all AES health and safety protocols.
With your AES 2022 registration, you are committing to:
- Following AES 2022 health and safety protocols, which are subject to change between the date you register and when you arrive in Nashville if CDC guidelines or Tennessee state and local requirements are updated. No COVID-related public health mandates are currently in place in Nashville, TN.
- Testing yourself for COVID within 48 hours prior to arriving at the AES Annual Meeting
- Canceling your in-person attendance at AES 2022 if you test positive for COVID within seven days of arrival or if you are showing COVID symptoms such as (but not limited to) fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat, headache, and/or loss or change in smell or taste.
- Getting tested for COVID if you have any symptoms after arrival
- Self-quarantining if you test positive for COVID after you arrive in Nashville
You will have access to AES education if illness or a positive test prevents you from participating in AES 2022.
All in-person registrants (except for one-day-only attendees) are also registered automatically for AES 2022 Digital Select, which will be available on demand for a ninety-day period starting Tuesday, December 13, 2022. Approximately 120 hours of recorded educational content, offering up to 73 CME and CE credits, will be available on Digital Select. ePosters will also be available on Digital Select.
If communicable symptoms and/or a positive COVID test prevent you from traveling to Nashville, you may request a refund of the difference between the in-person and the Digital Select registration for your category by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Adjustments will not be offered if you test positive or become ill while in Nashville after the start of the meeting, but as noted above, you will have access to digital content.
AES asks all attendees to observe these additional guidelines at AES 2022 in Nashville:
- Face masks are welcome and strongly encouraged—though not required—at AES 2022 in Nashville
- All participants are asked to respect the choices made by their fellow attendees regarding masks and social distancing
- All participants are expected to be fully vaccinated, though you will not be required to show documentation of your vaccination status
- Should you need a COVID test, you can find a list of testing options and nearby healthcare locations on the mobile app, at the registration desk and at the Member Center
AES and the Music City Center are taking additional measures for your safety:
- A portion of the available seating in the majority of education session rooms (symposia, special interest groups, investigator workshops, and special lectures) will be set to allow social distancing.
- Due to fire and safety regulations, doors will be closed to any education session room or other rooms that fill to capacity.” (Because AES does not require pre-registration for individual sessions, consider arriving early to session to ensure you get a seat.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue.
- All high-contact areas will be frequently sanitized.
- Music City Center was one of the first convention centers to achieve GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation, which ensures facilities implement the right procedures, practices, and protocols to prevent, respond to, and recover from infectious diseases.
- Other health and safety measures implemented by Music City Center can be found here.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure a safe meeting for all participants.
Those who are unable to meet AES 2022 health and safety requirements are invited to register for and participate in the AES 2022 Digital Select option, which will provide access to recordings of selected sessions during the ninety-day on-demand period following AES 2022 that will begin on Tuesday, December 13, 2022.