AES is a non-profit medical specialty society based in downtown Chicago. We are proud of our outstanding staff--currently 24 dedicated professionals--who have created a collegial, purpose-driven environment in support of the AES mission. Our organizational
culture promotes open communication and collaboration. We are committed to continuous learning and growth, excellence and integrity in all we do, and superior service to our members and the patients they care for.
AES is conveniently located in the Chicago Loop, offering easy access from both CTA and suburban commuter lines. Our dress code is business casual Monday-Thursday and casual Fridays.
AES is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle of the America Epilepsy Society, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on any
Senior Manager, Research (to apply, please email Mary McMahon)
Want to work for us but don't see something that's a fit for you? Please complete our form to have your resume kept on file for future opportunities.
Compensation and Benefits
AES provides a comprehensive employment package with the goal of recruiting, rewarding, and retaining an exceptional team committed to service to our members and the broader community and to fostering a great workplace culture.
- Competitive base salary
- 401k plan – you are fully vested at 100% from the first day of the month following 30 days of employment, and AES contributes 4% of an employee’s base salary to the plan
- Incentive compensation plan – up to 3% based on achievement of organizational, departmental and individual goals
- Professional development plans
Health and Wellness
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO or HMO – AES pays 80% of employee premiums and 60% of employee spouse, children, and family premiums
- Dental insurance – AES pays 100% of employee premium and 60% toward spouse/children/family premium
- Vision insurance – AES pays 100% of employee premium and 60% toward spouse/children/family premium
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Up to $200 annually per employee for participation in a wellness-related activity of their choice
- Paid parental leave
- 37.5-hour workweek
- Flexible scheduling within core hours of 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM CT
- Paid time off
- Employees accrue four weeks per year for one to three years of service, five weeks for four-to-eight years of employment, and six weeks for eight or more years of employment
- Nine paid holidays and two floating holidays (11 total)
- Volunteer day
- One paid day annually for volunteer activity of the employee’s choice
- Remote work program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours program
- Option of a compressed workweek from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Reduced work schedule between Christmas and New Year’s Day
To eradicate epilepsy and its consequences.
To advance research, education, and practice for all professionals engaged in the understanding, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and cure of epilepsy.
- We are dedicated to improving the lives of people with epilepsy.
- We embrace innovation as a foundation for a better future.
- We prioritize inclusivity, diversity, and equity as an interprofessional community.
- We value collaborating with other organizations that are aligned with our mission to achieve greater results.
- We operate with fairness, transparency, and integrity, and strive for excellence in everything we do.