The National EpiFellows Foundation 18th Annual Scientific Forum
Program Length: 540 minutes
The National EpiFellows Foundation (NEF) Forum, which convenes epilepsy fellows, is held each year in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of the American Epilepsy Society (AES). This Forum consists of a general session followed by case study workshops, the cases for which are submitted by attendees and selected by the NEF Advisory Board.
• Discuss recent guideline updates and seizure classifications
• Describe advances in available epilepsy treatment and management including surgeries and imaging techniques to improve overall patient care
• Summarize clinical presentation of depressive disorder in patients with epilepsy and potential treatment and management strategies for patients suffering from this psychological comorbidity
• Integrate newer medications with improved side effect profiles into their treatment regimens in order to provide patients with the best treatment options available
• Develop and present an interactive case presentation based on clinical experience in epilepsy.
Neurology trainees and residents specializing in epilepsy
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the American Epilepsy Society and Collegium LLC. The American Epilepsy Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.