Corporate Giving 2011Announcement
Announcement and Response Form
Join the effort to auction equipment/products to benefit AES research funds
AES has taken up the mission of fundraising because we are facing a new reality— funding sources that we once relied on for research and training grants are now no longer available. By some accounts, epilepsy has lost as many as 10 fellowships and training grants. AES is working to regain some of these lost training opportunities. In 2010 AES awarded $335,000 in training grants including the new Susan Spencer Clinical Research Fellowship. In addition, AES gave out research and workshop grants totaling $137,500. The generous support of donations plus the AES Auction have enabled AES to continue long-standing grant programs and expand them.
Please consider joining in the Equipment/Product auction in this our 75th year. In 2010 AES Research was privileged to receive $33,582 from three company auctions. In 2011, we would like to honor the 75th Anniversary by raising $75,000 from this win-win opportunity with companies like yours.
Your company - To participate in the Equipment Auction you/your company will:
- Determine the product(s) you would like to auction and send in the following commitment form to AES.
- Set up a bid announcement, invitation and spec sheet (including all pertinent configuration and option details on the equipment being auctioned, and specify exactly what is included).
- Include a company contact person on all bidding materials.
- Clearly indicate the bid rules, process, payment terms, conditions, warranty and delivery process on bidding materials.
- Indicate on the invitation that the proceeds are to support the AES Research Funds.
- Send the invitation draft and spec sheet to AES for review and approval before you send it out.
- Market to and manage the auction with current and/or potential qualified customers.
- Create a press release on the auction participation for AES to post
- Run the auction and end it by September 16, 2011
10. Notify the AES of the winning bidder and winning bid amount that is to be presented to AES by September 30, 2011.
11. Present a check (in the AES exhibit hall) of the proceeds received from the auction to AES at an agreed to date and time.
American Epilepsy Society: To support and recognize the company participation, AES will
- Review auction materials to make sure that references to AES are correct.
- Regularly publicize your auction with company name, auction item(s) and direction to access bidding information.
- Include the proceeds in the company recognition level.
- Recognize the company in Annual Meeting materials.
- NEW – recognize the companies participating in the auction program on signage in the Annual Meeting registration area ( where no other company names and logos are normally allowed).
- Arrange for an individual time for the company to publically present a check to the AES President in the exhibit hall. We will announce the check presentation to everyone in the exhibit hall.
To participate, please complete and return the attached Auction Participation Commitment FORM 2011 to Jeffrey Melin, M.Ed., Director of Education: email: email@example.com or fax: 860-586-7550. Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-586-7505 ext. 562.