Peter Van Haverbeke, Media Relations for the American Epilepsy Society, 001-703-927-9639.
A Press Room will be operational at the AES Annual Meeting as a resource for members of the media.
Without exception, all oral and poster studies and abstracts are embargoed until the date and time of presentation or press briefing, whichever happens first.
AES will allow registration by only formally credentialed media representatives, specifically
- General circulation newspapers, magazines or wire services
- Medical or health care publications
- Broadcast media
- Web site writers
- Freelance reporters writing for one or more of the above outlets
Media Registration and Access
AES requests that members of the media call the contacts listed above to register. Registration allows entry to the meeting free of charge. While registration prior to the meeting is preferable, there will be onsite registration available in the press room.
- Registered media will receive press badges on site and must wear them at all times for access to meeting events. It is also recommended that reporters carry press credentials.
- Members of the press are invited to all scientific presentations, seminars and exhibits.
- Video cameras are NOT allowed in platform or poster presentations. Photographs and audiotaping are permitted with the permission of the presenter, after a consent form has been signed (available in the press room).
- A member of the press room staff MUST escort camera crews and photographers at all times. Media with video cameras can be granted access to the exhibit hall and may conduct interviews in common areas with the consent of the interviewee and an escort from the press room.
Industry and Institutional Public Relations Representatives
Press releases from institutions concerning scientific studies and abstracts presented at this meeting, and releases containing relevant news from industry, are encouraged, provided the following guidelines are strictly observed.
- Embargo times must be indicated on ALL materials.
- A copy must be provided the AES press room staff at least one day prior to the date of distribution.
- Public relations professionals are invited to leave multiple copies of press materials with the press room attendant for display and distribution within the press room.
- Public relations professionals or other non-media are not allowed in the press room.
Last Updated: August 10, 2012