- Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
- AES may collect and/or track: (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site; (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with AES or the Site via e-mail; (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online order forms, registration forms and surveys, (including but not limited to name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data); and (4) aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views.
- AES may place Internet "cookies" on visitors' hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor's name, password, username, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, AES may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor's experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate features of their Web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Site.
- When a visitor performs a search within the Site, AES may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. AES may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
Use of Personal Data Collected
AES may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
- To communicate with you about your membership account, or to communicate information about the Site.
- To build higher quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
- To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
- To support the operation of the Site (such as account maintenance and record keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To inform you about goods and services related to AES and developments in appropriate fields. You will have the option of opting out of further electronic communications by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Personal Data Collected
AES may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows:
- With your consent.
- To AES's agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
- As AES believes necessary to: (a) comply with United States of America law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (b) enforce or apply AES's Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of AES, our users, or others.
- If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with United States of America law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
- In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to a particular section in a given week.
- Collection of Personal Data from Children
To the extent that AES is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with the Site, AES will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age ("Children" or "Child") without their parent's or guardian's consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Security Measures
For electronic commerce transactions conducted through the Site, AES has implemented certain security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal financial information. In particular, all financial transactions are conducted through a secure server. The secure server encrypts all financial information a visitor inputs before it is sent to AES.
- Third Party Web sites
- Contact Information