Sleep and Epilepsy Resources
Sleep and Epilepsy
TeleConsults in Epilepsy
Lawrence W. Brown, MD
May 17 and 20, 2005
- Carney PR, Kohrman MH. Relation between epilepsy and sleep during infancy and childhood. In Bazil CW, Malow BA, Sammaritano MR (Eds.) Sleep and Epilepsy: The Clinical Spectrum. NY: Elsevier, 2002: Pp 359-372.
- Wise MS. Differential diagnosis of paroxysmal nocturnal events in infants and children. In Bazil CW, Malow BA, Sammaritano MR (Eds.) Sleep and Epilepsy: The Clinical Spectrum. NY: Elsevier, 2002: Pp 339-348
- Hoban FT. Sleep and its disorders in children. Seminars in Neurology 24:327-340, 2004.
- Vaughn BV, D’Cruz OF. Sleep and epilepsy. Seminars in Neurology 24:301-313, 2004.
- Kohrmann MH, Carney PR. Sleep-related disorders in neurologic disease during childhood. Pediatric Nueurology 23: 1070113, 2000.
- Brown, LW Sleep and epilepsy. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Amer 5: 701, 1996.
- Gilbert DL, DeRoos S, Bare MA. Does sleep or sleep deprivation increase epileptiform discharges in pediatric electroencephalograms? Pediatrics 114: 658-662, 2004.
- Shinnar S, Berg AT, Ptachewich Y, Alemany M. Sleep state and the risk of seizure recurrence following a first unprovoked seizure in childhood. Neurology 43: 601-706, 1993.
- Malow BA, Varma NK. Seizures and arousals from sleep - which comes first? Sleep 18: 783, 1995.
- Aldrich MS, Jahnke B. Diagnostic value of video-EEG polysomnography. Neurol 41: 1060, 1991.
- Benbadis SR, Lancman ME, King LM, Swanson SJ. Preictal pseudosleep: a new finding in psychogenic seizures. Neurology: 47: 63-67, 1996.