Committee and Affiliate Meeting Guidelines
The AES welcomes industry and other groups to participate in the Annual Meeting through support, sponsorship, and exhibition opportunities. The Society also recognizes industry may need to meet and/or hold other events, and provides resources to facilitate these events.
Limited meeting space is available at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel during the Annual Meeting from Thursday, December 5 through Tuesday, December 10, 2013. AES will accommodate as many requests as possible.
NOTE: First priority is given to AES Committee Meetings and other official AES events. A preliminary schedule can be found here.
What Qualifies as an Affiliate Event?
- Invitation only - not open to all AES Annual Meeting attendees
- Attendance of an affiliate meeting must not exceed 100 Annual Meeting attendees
Any event affecting Annual Meeting attendees, including exhibitor staff, that is outside of the official AES Program, including but not limited to:
- Alumni Reunions/Receptions
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, Focus Groups, Task Forces
- Breakfast, Lunch, Reception, and Dinner Events
- Exhibitor Meetings
It is the responsibility of organizers hosting events to make sure that those events comply with all applicable national, state and local laws and professional conduct codes, including AMA, PhRMA and AdvaMed Codes, and state laws and regulations. Please note that newer state laws ( i.e. MA Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturer Conduct Regulations) cover all clinicians licensed in their state, no matter where the meeting they attend is held.
Meetings may be scheduled during the times outlined below.
|Thursday, Dec 5||Friday, Dec 6||Saturday, Dec 7||Sunday, Dec 8||Monday, Dec 9||Tuesday, Dec 10|
|N/A||8:30 a.m. -
|7:00 a.m. -
|N/A||7:00 a.m. -
|7:00 a.m. -
|1:00 p.m. -
|N/A||N/A||N/A||10:45 a.m. -
|6:00 p.m. -
|6:30 p.m. -
|After 8:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m. -
|After 9:00 p.m.||N/A|
Please note meetings may be scheduled anytime on Thursday, December 5th or Wednesday, December 11th.
Scheduling of Events
All events affecting attendees during the inclusive dates and location of the Annual Meeting must be reviewed and approved through the application process before promotion and implementation of the event can occur. This applies to all events whether they are being held at AES-contracted facilities or otherwise. Failure to seek approval prior to promotion and/or implementation of the event will result in sanctions as outlined in AES' "Industry Presence at CME Activities" guidelines.
Applying Online is Quick and Easy
Apply online for affiliate events beginning Wednesday, August 21, 2013. First priority will be given to AES Committee Meetings and other official AES events. Requests for space will be accepted through Friday, November 1.
A non-refundable administrative fee applies per room, per request as follows, and will be charged at the time of application.
- Meetings 90 minutes and under - $250
- Meetings over 90 minutes - $400
To request meeting space with payment by credit card:
Submit Electronically: (Deadline Friday, November 1)
- To submit a meeting space request form electronically and pay by credit card, please complete the information and submit at the bottom of the page.
To request meeting space with payment by check:
Submit via mail: (Deadline Friday, November 1)
- To submit a meeting space request form with payment by check, please complete the information and return it with your payment to the AES Executive Office, Meetings Department, 342 North Main Street, West Hartford, CT 06117-2507. Make checks payable to "American Epilepsy Society".
To receive approval for events not held at the AES Headquarter Hotel, please fill out this form. Events held off-site must follow all AES guidelines for Affiliate events.
2013 Schedule Highlights
Click here to view our online Annual Meeting Brochure.
Food and Beverage Service
Indicate your need for this service on the “Request for Meeting Space” form. The meeting facility will contact you directly to arrange food, beverage and payment requirements. Menus and pricing will be provided by the facility upon request.
Audio Visual Resources
Indicate your need for this service on the “Request for Meeting Space” form. The meeting facility will contact you directly to make arrangements for equipment and payment.
- AES will review your request and contact you for more information if necessary. Actual room confirmations will be sent via email by Friday, November 15, 2013. Final room assignments are subject to change.
- Affiliates holding meetings at the AES Annual Meeting are prohibited from posting, tacking or otherwise attaching any materials on walls, doors, windows or other parts of the building. Violators are bound, at their expense, to repair any damage they may cause. Neither AES nor the facility will be responsible for any missing signage.
For More Information
For more information about affiliate meetings please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860.586.7505 ext 502.