Employment Opportunities with AES
The American Epilepsy Society (AES) is the primary professional society for clinical and research professionals specializing in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of epilepsy, seizures, and related disorders. Founded in 1936, AES brings together more than 4,400 members representing the full spectrum of professionals dedicated to advancing more effective epilepsy care, from scientists and patient advocates through health care providers. Our interdisciplinary membership works together with our outstanding team of staff professionals to share knowledge and drive tangible improvements in patient care and the quality of life for people with epilepsy.
Our mission centers on sharing knowledge, fostering continuous learning, discovering and applying innovations, acting through partnerships, and supporting current and future generations of those focused on achieving our vision of eradicating epilepsy and its consequences. Education, research, clinical excellence, and public awareness all align in service of this vision.
As the US chapter of the North American division of the International League Against Epilepsy, and as the administrative home for the Epilepsy Leadership Council (a coalition of more than 30 professional societies, patient advocacy organizations, and governmental agencies) AES also plays an important role in the larger epilepsy community.
Apply for open positions by completing this form.
Want to work for us but don't see something that's a fit for you?
The vision of the American Epilepsy Society is to eradicate epilepsy and its consequences.
The mission of the American Epilepsy Society is to advance research and education for professionals dedicated to the prevention, treatment and cure of epilepsy.
- We are dedicated to improving the lives of people with epilepsy
- We embrace innovation and strive for excellence in everything we do
- We are an inclusive, collegial community, which enriches the experiences of all involved
- We value collaborating with other organizations that are aligned with our mission to achieve greater results
CAREERS AT AES
AES is a non-profit medical specialty society based in downtown Chicago. We are proud of our outstanding staff team, which currently numbers 19, who have created a supportive, purpose-driven environment in support of the AES mission. Our organizational culture promotes open communication and collaboration. We are committed to continuous learning and growth, excellence and integrity in all we do, and superior service to our members and the patients they care for.
AES is conveniently located in the Chicago Loop, offering easy access from both CTA and suburban commuter lines. Our dress code is business casual Monday-Thursday and casual Fridays.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
AES provides a comprehensive employment package with the goal of recruiting, rewarding, and retaining an exceptional team committed to service to our members and the broader community and to fostering a great workplace culture.
- Competitive base salary
- 401k plan – you are fully vested at 100% from the first day of the month following 30 days of employment, and AES contributes 4% of an employee’s base salary to the plan
- Incentive compensation plan – up to 3% based on achievement of organizational, departmental and individual goals
- Professional development plans
Health and Wellness
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO or HMO – AES pays 80% of employee premiums and 60% of employee spouse, children, and family premiums
- Dental insurance – AES pays 100% of employee premium and 60% toward spouse/children/family premium
- Vision insurance – AES pays 100% of employee premium and 60% toward spouse/children/family premium
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Up to $200 annually per employee for participation in a wellness-related activity of their choice
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 37.5 hour work week
- Flexible scheduling within core hours of 10:00 AM-3:00 PM CT
- Paid time off – employees accrue 4 weeks per year for one to three years of service, 5 weeks for four to eight years of employment, and 6 weeks for eight or more years of employment
- Holidays – nine paid holidays and two floating holidays (11 total)
- Volunteer day – one paid day annually for volunteer activity of the employee’s choice
- Remote work program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Summer hours program – option of a compressed work week from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Reduced work schedule between Christmas and New Years Day
AES is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal Employment Opportunity is a fundamental principle of the America Epilepsy Society, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on any basis.