The Future Begins With You
You can support AES in a variety of ways. Including AES in your estate plan will not only assist you in reaching and achieving your own philanthropic and charitable giving goals, but it will also allow AES to continue its mission of working toward a world without epilepsy.
There are many charitable planned giving options available to you. For example, you can make a planned gift to AES by naming AES as a beneficiary of your last will and testament, life insurance policy or retirement plan.
Some of the options available to you allow you to reduce taxes for you and your heirs, or perhaps you will choose one that provides a life stream income for you. Some may have a greater tax benefit to you than others, so please consult with your attorney or financial advisor on which strategy would work best for you. Below are some of the choices available to you.
- A bequest to AES in your will or trust
- Life income agreements, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts can allow you to receive income while you are living and then provide a gift to support a gift which provides income to AES
- A gift designating AES as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Gifts of real estate will allow you to receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law, bypass capital gain tax, provide you an opportunity to establish a gift that provides an income for life, and make a substantial donation
- Through an IRA rollover you can support AES directly from your IRA without recognizing the distribution as income on your tax return
- Gifts of appreciated securities (stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) can allow you to take a deduction for the current market value on the date of the gift and avoid capital gains tax
When making a planned gift to AES please make sure you or your attorney notifies AES so that we can recognize your generosity by including your name in our Legacy Circle.
American Epilepsy Society
135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone – 312.883.3800
Fax – 312.896.5784
Contact: Eileen Murray at 860.586.7505, ext. 572 or firstname.lastname@example.org