- Registration and Cancellation Refunds
- Registration Substitution
- Badge Information
- Attendance Certificate/International Attendees
- Recording or Photos of Content and Material
- Session Room Capacity
- Photography Release
- Exhibit Hall
- Program Changes
- Hotel Cancellations
- Early Departures
- Anti-harassment Statement
To register for the Annual Meeting at a member rate, your membership must be current with an expiration date of June 30, 2018 or later.
To receive the member rate, you must renew or join AES before registering for the meeting. AES will not offer partial refunds of registration dues for those who renew or join after registering for the meeting.
Registration and Cancellation Refunds
The deadline to cancel a meeting registration is Monday, November 21. Requests must be received by that date to receive a full refund, minus a $100 administrative fee. Requests made on Tuesday, November 22, or later are not eligible for any refund. No refunds are issued for no-shows.
Cancellations must be submitted either by email to email@example.com or by fax to 888-772-1888 (domestic) or 301-694-5124 (international).
For credit card refunds, please allow 5-7 business days to be processed. For check refunds, please allow 4-6 weeks after the meeting concludes.
The deadline for registration and housing substitution requests is Tuesday, November 7. No substitution requests are processed onsite and no refunds are issued for no-shows. All substitutions must go through Experient customer service.
- All badges and tickets will be printed onsite. Attendees will be required to produce government-issued photo identiﬁcation prior to receiving their badge and registration materials. Badges must be worn at all times while in attendance at the Annual Meeting and are required for admittance to all meeting activities, including the Exhibit Hall. Badges are required for each individual and may not be shared.
- Please note that you will be charged $25 for badge and ticket reprints should you misplace/lose them while on site.
- Poster Presenters or anyone exhibiting in a booth or at a non-profit table are required to register at the appropriate registration rate
- Friends, family or colleagues wishing to view exhibits and/or posters only may purchase a one-day badge for $75, per person. This badge is only available on-site and allows access to just the Exhibit Hall and Poster Sessions. Entry to educational programming or any other AES events is not permitted.
AES strictly prohibits photography, videotaping and audio recordings (flash, digital or otherwise) in all educational and poster sessions, unless by the official AES photographer. Violations of this policy will result in removal from the session and possible revocation of meeting registration.
Material presented at the AES Annual Meeting may not be reproduced in any format without the express written consent of AES or the otherwise applicable rights holder. Attendees acknowledge and agree that commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of speaker sessions, content or materials from the Annual Meeting is strictly prohibited.
AES uses photographs of meeting events in its promotional materials. Unless the permission is revoked in writing to AES, by their attendance, all meeting visitors agree to use of their likeness in such materials.
AES cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, loss, damage, accident to private property or additional expenses incurred because of delays or changes in air, rail, sea, road or other services, strikes, sickness, weather, acts of terrorism and any other cause. All participants are encouraged to make their own arrangements for health and travel insurance.
A formal security plan is developed in consultation with the Convention Center and hotels to provide a secure meeting environment. Additional security information will be available in the Program Book provided on-site in the registration area.
For the comfort and health of all attendees, smoking is not permitted at any AES function.
To ensure safety and security, no children under 12 years of age, strollers, carriages, wheeled luggage or wheeled briefcases are allowed in the Exhibit Hall.
A credit card (American Express, Discover, Diners Club, MasterCard or Visa) is required to guarantee a reservation. After Monday, November 20, 2017, a one-night NON-refundable deposit (room and tax) representing the first night of your reservation will be charged to your credit card. Changes can be made to your reservation through the AES Housing Bureau until Monday, November 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time based on availability. Please contact your hotel directly after Friday, November 24, 2017.
The American Epilepsy Society is committed to supporting educational and scientific dialogue, and to fostering a welcoming community in which all participants can contribute fully. Reflecting these values, AES will not tolerate harassment in any form. We expect all attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, guests, and exhibitors at AES-organized events to help us ensure a safe and positive environment. Anyone violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. This policy applies to all activities and events where AES is the primary sponsor.