11.01.2013 – Director, Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
Director, Comprehensive Epilepsy Center – Hartford, CT
Hartford Hospital, one of New England’s largest teaching hospitals and the only Level-one trauma center in central Connecticut, is committed to becoming the best in the country for delivering high-quality, safe and innovative patient care. With over 867 licensed beds and operating one of Northeast’s busiest surgical practices, Hartford Hospital strives continuously to align its services with the needs of our community. For this reason, Hartford Hospital is developing the only National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) Level IV designated epilepsy program in central, eastern, and northern Connecticut.
Our Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is seeking a Medical Director to join its team to provide a leading vision in delivering “patient-centered” and comprehensive epilepsy care to meet the needs of our community.
• Our center has a multidisciplinary team of physicians with subspecialty fellowship training in neurology, epilepsy neurosurgery and neuropsychology.
• Inpatient and outpatient services include treatment options ranging from management of medications and diet to surgical therapies, such as brain surgery and vagus nerve stimulation.
• Provides pre-surgical evaluations for patients whose medications fail to control seizures; brain imaging, Wada testing, electrode placement for seizure mapping and monitoring.
• Center includes a new six bed inpatient unit with 24/7 continuous seizure monitoring and supervision by specialty trained EEG technicians and nurses
• Support services include psychiatry and physical, occupational and cognitive therapies.
Successful candidates will have completed a Neurology Residency and post-graduate Fellowship in epilepsy and have a minimum of 8 years of experience in an Epilepsy program, with experience managing and developing physicians and staff, substantial research conducted in epilepsy care, and experience performing community outreach. Board Certification in clinical neurophysiology by either the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology or the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology is required.
Vice President Neurosciences Services
85 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT 06102