Finding the right help is one of the most critical needs for people with seizures and epilepsy. People with well controlled epilepsy may be treated by a primary care doctor or general neurologist.

Yet people who have difficult to diagnose seizures or whose seizures can not be controlled, should seek help from an epileptologist. This is a neurologist who has undergone specialized training in epilepsy. Most epileptologists practice as part of specialized epilepsy centers, however, some may also be found in private practice or other health care settings. Other health care professionals who specialize in helping people with epilepsy can be found an epilepsy centers too, such as nurses, neurosurgeons, EEG technologists psychologists psychiatrists, social workers, pharmacologists, dieticians, child life specialists, vocational specialists and more.