Committee and ICW Meeting Guidelines
Committee and In Conjunction With (ICW) Meeting Guidelines
Limited meeting space is available at the Hilton Americas-Houston during the AES Annual Meeting from Thursday, December 1 through Tuesday, December 6, 2016. AES will accommodate as many requests as possible. The deadline to submit your request is Monday, October 31, 2016.
NOTE: First priority is given to AES Committee Meetings and other official AES events.
What Qualifies as an ICW Event?
- Invitation only - not open to all AES Annual Meeting attendees
- Attendance at an ICW event must not exceed 100 Annual Meeting attendees, including organizations representatives/employees
- Invitation only - not open to all AES Annual Meeting attendees
An ICW Event is any function affecting Annual Meeting attendees, including exhibitor staff, scheduled outside of the official AES Program, including but not limited to:
- Alumni Reunions/Receptions
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings, Board Meetings, Focus Groups, Task Forces
- Social Events: Breakfast, Lunch, Reception, and Dinners
- Exhibitor Meetings: Personnel meetings may be held at any time when attendance is limited to that organization’s representatives.
Organizations are prohibited from offering CME credit at or as a result of any ICW event held at an AES-contracted venue.
What you should know about gifts to physicians from industry.
Open Payments is a federal program, required by the Affordable Care Act, that collects information about the payments drug and device companies make to physicians and teaching hospitals for things like travel, research, gifts, speaking fees, and meals.
Meetings may be scheduled during the times outlined below.
Note: Meetings for groups of 20 people or less, or exhibit staff meetings, may be held outside of these times.
|Thursday, December 1||Friday, December 2||Saturday, December 3||Sunday, December 4||Monday, December 5||Tuesday, December 6|
|7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||N/A||7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.|
|12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||10:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||After 8:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||After 8:00 p.m.||
6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Scheduling of Events
All events affecting attendees during the inclusive dates and location of the Annual Meeting must be reviewed and approved through the application process before promotion and implementation of the event can occur. This applies to all events whether they are being held at AES-contracted facilities or otherwise.
Organizations are limited to one ICW event at a time – concurrent ICW events are not allowed.
Note: Requests for space on multiple days and/or on a 24-hour basis will be reviewed in mid-October once the majority of events have been submitted.
Applying Online is Quick and Easy
Apply online for ICW events beginning Wednesday, August 31, 2016. First priority will be given to AES Committee Meetings and other official AES events. Assignments will be on a first-come, first-served basis based on the date of the application is received. Requests for space will be accepted through Monday, October 31.
A non-refundable administrative fee applies per room, per day, and will be charged at the time of application.
Meeting room rental fees are waived by the hotel. However, the meeting organizer is responsible for payment of any charges incurred, including but not limited to food and beverage, audio and visual equipment, labor, internet service, etc.
Note: Meeting rooms will not be held for your group until payment has been received by AES.
University or Non-Profit Organization
- Up to 4 Hours: $250
- 4-8 Hours: $400
2016 Annual Meeting Exhibitor
- Up to 4 Hours: $400
- 4-8 Hours: $550
- Up to 4 Hours: $800
- 4-8 Hours: $1,100
Deadline: Monday, October 31
Hilton Americas Houston:
The 2016 pricing for Audio-Visual and Food & Beverage is below to assist in pre-planning for your event.
To receive approval for events not held at official AES meeting venues, please complete this form. Events held off-site must follow all AES ICW guidelines. Fees apply only to applications requesting space at one of the official AES meeting venues; offsite meetings will not be assessed an application fee. Groups requesting to hold an off-site event must disclose the location of their event on the application form.
ILAE Commission Meetings
If you are planning to schedule an ILAE commission or task force meeting, please contact:
ILAE Headquarters Office
Priscilla Shisler, Administrative Director
342 North Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06117-2507
Policies and Guidelines
AES policies and guidelines are designed to create a positive meeting experience for all attendees. All events must be planned in accordance with these policies and approved by AES through the online ICW application process.
All events affecting attendees during the inclusive dates and location of the Annual Meeting must be submitted and approved through the application process before promotion of the event can occur. This applies to all events whether they are being held at AES-contracted meeting venues or otherwise. Failure to obtain approval prior to an announcement of an event will result in cancellation of the event and possible sanctions.
Promotion and Signage
Announcements, invitations, on-site materials, and other materials related to an ICW must not imply that the event is part of official AES Annual Meeting activities or endorsed by AES. Organizations are prohibited from including the AES name or logo on materials.
Organizers of ICW events must provide AES proofs of all materials prior to printing or distribution. Materials must include the following statement:
Not an official event of the 2016 AES Annual Meeting. Not sponsored or endorsed by AES.
Materials may only be distributed on-site in the contracted booth space, and at the entrance to the ICW event. Signage may not be placed more than one hour prior to the event and must be removed immediately following. No signage may be placed in the convention center or hotel lobbies. AES reserves the right to remove any signs that do not meet these guidelines.
2016 Schedule Highlights
Click here to view the schedule-at-a-glance.
Click here to view the entire Preliminary Program preview.
- Food and Beverage Service: Indicate your need for this service on the "Request for Meeting Space" form. The meeting facility will contact you directly to arrange food, beverage, and payment requirements. Menus and pricing will be provided by the facility upon request.
- Audio Visual Resources: Indicate your need for this service on the "Request for Meeting Space" form. The meeting facility will contact you directly to make arrangements for equipment and payment.
- ICW meeting requests are approved and assigned through AES, not through the hotel.
- AES will only contact you if we need additional information, have questions, or challenges with assigning space.
- The online request form is used to apply for function space approval. AES assigns the meeting space, but you will work with the hotel directly on all details of your meeting or event.
- The hotel will assign an event manager and will begin contacting organizations in mid-to-late October. This process will continue through mid-November.
- You will be required by the hotel to review, approve, and sign a confirmation referred to as a Banquet Event Order (BEO). This document must be returned to the hotel by their deadline date in order to complete the process.
- By submitting this application, you/your organization/company agree not to use the AES or Annual Meeting names or logos in the promotion of this function. By approving your application, AES does not endorse or sanction your function, and no such relationship should be inferred by you/your organization/company or implied to your participants.
- Final room assignments will be provided by the hotel by mid-November. Assignments are not provided prior to this time, as they are subject to change.
For More Information please email email@example.com or call 312-883-3800 x 108.