ILAEIBE Lifetime Achievement Awards
ILAE/IBE Lifetime Achievement Awards
Every two years, the Joint Executive Committee of the International Bureau for Epilepsy and the International League against Epilepsy, will discuss honoring those truly exceptional persons with a record of achievement in work against epilepsy, which exceeds even that of those who have been awarded the Ambassador for Epilepsy Award or the Award for Social Accomplishment.
If such a person is elected, then during an International Epilepsy Congress he/she will be presented with two silver candlesticks, upon which will be engraved the logos of IBE and ILAE, the name of the Award and the name of the recipient.
The recipient will be invited to attend the International Epilepsy Congress to receive his/her Award and, if able to attend, he/she will be offered free travel (business class), accommodation and registration to the Congress. The Award will be presented during the International Epilepsy Congress, following the election by the IBE and ILAE Executive Committee.
The candidate must be proposed by one of the members of the Executive Committees of IBE or ILAE. Others outside the Committees may draw the attention of a Committee member to a possible candidate, but the decision to nominate lies with the Committee member.
The name of the nominee, together with a full record of his/her lifetime achievements in the field of epilepsy and a letter setting out the reasons why the candidate should be considered for election should be sent to the IBE Office, 11 Priory Hall, Stillorgan Road, Blackrock, Co Dublin, Ireland, three months prior to the date of election. Nominations will only be accepted if they reach the IBE office by the deadline.
- Each nomination must be distributed to each member of the Joint Executive Committee of IBE and ILAE.
- Voting will be carried out by a secret ballot.
- Each member will have one vote.
- To be selected, the candidate must receive a unanimous vote.
- The voting procedure may be repeated once.
- The decision of the Joint Executive Committee will be final.
- Immediately following the election the awardee will be informed of his/her election. The recipient will be invited to attend the International Epilepsy Congress to receive his/her Award.
- The Award will be presented by the Presidents of IBE and ILAE, following an outline of the achievements of the recipient, to those assembled.
- Information concerning the Award must be included in the materials distributed to congress delegates and published in Epilepsia, Epigraph and the International Epilepsy News at the earliest opportunity, following the presentation.