Junior Investigator Research Awards
Junior Investigator Awards supports research by recently independent investigators with the intent to facilitate successful competition for subsequent longer-term support from the NIH or other sources.
Proposals are welcome across the spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical epilepsy research, including studies of disease mechanisms or treatments, epidemiologic or behavioral studies, the development of new technologies, and health services and outcomes research.
This award provides up to $50,000 for one year to support the direct costs of research, as well as complimentary membership and registration to the AES Annual Meeting for one year. The number of awards granted each year is contingent upon available funds.
Application guidelines and instructions can be found here.
2018-2019 Application Deadlines and Award Dates:
- November 1, 2018: Concise LOI submission opens through proposalCENTRAL
- December 20, 2018: Concise LOI submission deadline
- January 8, 2019: Applicants invited to submit full proposals, following eligibility screen
- January 31, 2019: Full proposals due
- May 14, 2019: Award notifications sent out
- July 1, 2019: Earliest start date
- October 1, 2019: Latest possible start date
In addition to funding provided by AES, support for Junior Investigator Awards comes from the Epilepsy Foundation and from other non-profit partners who will consider funding highly-reviewed mission-aligned research proposals.