Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
AES Postdoctoral Research Fellowships support postdoctoral trainees conducting research into the causes, treatment, and consequences of epilepsy under the guidance of a mentor with expertise in epilepsy research. The fellowship award offers up to $45,000 for stipend and travel support for one year, as well as a one-year AES membership. The number of awards granted each year is contingent upon available funds.
- Hold an M.D., Ph.D., Sc.D., PharmD, RN, or equivalent degree
- Be a postdoctoral research fellow at an appropriate institution before the start date (Researchers with appointments at the level of Instructor, Adjunct Professor, Research Assistant, or Assistant or Associate Professor are not eligible, nore are graduate or medical students, medical residents, permanent covernment employees, or employees of private industry.)
- Have a defined research plan and access to institutional resources to conduct the proposed project
- Have a qualified mentor(s) with expertise to supervise and provide guidance on epilepsy-related research
- Have not previously been awarded an American Epilepsy Society or an Epilepsy Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship
U.S. citizenship is not required; however, all research must be conducted in the U.S.
Applications are encouraged from women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.
All applications must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL.