Research and Training Fellowships for Clinicians
AES Research and Training Fellowships for Clinicians provide mentored support for clinical fellows or recently appointed clinical faculty who intend to pursue basic, translational, or clinical epilepsy research, including epidemiologic or behavioral studies, clinical trials, studies of disease mechanisms or treatments, the development of new technologies, and health services and outcomes research. Applicants must be able to devote at least 50% of their time to the fellowship and should propose a research project and training program designed to develop scientific skills and preliminary data in preparation for an independent research career. The fellowship award provides up to $50,000 for one year for stipend and travel support to attend the AES Annual Meeting, as well as a one-year AES membership.
2017-2018 Application Deadlines and Award Dates:
- September 1, 2017: Application submission opens through proposalCENTRAL
- October 5, 2017: Letters of Intent due
- November 30, 2017: Applicants invited to submit full proposals3
- January 31, 2018: Full proposals due
- May 14, 2018: Award notifications sent out
- July 1, 2018: Earliest start date
All applications must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL.
Click here for more information.
In addition to funding provided by AES, support for clinical research fellowships comes from the Epilepsy Foundation.