Research and Training Fellowships for Clinicians
AES Research and Training Fellowships for Clinicians provide mentored support for clinical fellows or recently appointed clinical faculty who intend to pursue a career in epilepsy research. Proposals are welcomed across the spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical research.
The fellowship award provides up to $50,000 for one year, of which $1000 is intended as travel support to attend the AES Annual Meeting. The award also includes one-year AES membership and complimentary registration to the AES Annual Meeting.
Application guidelines and instructions can be found here.
2018-2019 Application Deadlines and Award Dates
- November 1, 2018: Concise LOI submission opens through proposalCENTRAL <https://proposalcentral.altum.com/default.asp>
- December 20, 2018: Concise LOI submission deadline
- January 8, 2019: Applicants invited to submit full proposals, following eligibility screen
- January 31, 2019: Full proposals due
- May 14, 2019: Award notifications sent out
- July 1, 2019: Earliest start date
- October 1, 2019: Latest possible start date
In addition to funding provided by AES, support for clinical research fellowships comes from the Epilepsy Foundation and from non-profit partners who will consider funding highly-reviewed mission-aligned research proposals.
The Pediatric Epilepsy Research Foundation and AES will jointly support a Pediatric Research & Training Fellowship for Clinicians, to be awarded to a highly-scored proposal focused on pediatric research.