Predoctoral Research Fellowships
AES Predoctoral Research Fellowships support predoctoral students who are pursuing dissertation research with an epilepsy-relevant theme, and who are working under the guidance of a mentor with expertise in epilepsy research. Proposals are welcomed across the spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical research.
The fellowship award offers up to $30,000 for stipend and travel support to the AES Annual Meeting for one year, as well as a one-year AES membership. The number of awards granted each year is contingent upon available funds.
Application guidelines and instructions can be found here.
2018-2019 Application Deadlines and Award Dates:
- November 1, 2018: Concise LOI submission opens through proposalCENTRAL
- December 20, 2018: Concise LOI submission deadline
- January 8, 2019: Applicants invited to submit full proposals, following eligibility screen
- January 31, 2019: Full proposals due
- May 14, 2019: Award notifications sent out
- July 1, 2019: Earliest start date
- October 1, 2019: Latest possible start date
In addition to funding provided by AES, support for Predoctoral Research Fellowships comes from non-profit partners who will consider funding highly-reviewed mission-aligned research proposals.