Predoctoral Research Fellowships
AES Predoctoral Research Fellowships support predoctoral students who are pursuing dissertation research with an epilepsy-relevant theme, and who are working under the guidance of a mentor with expertise in epilepsy research. The fellowship award offers up to $30,000 for stipend and travel support to the AES Annual Meeting for one year, as well as a one-year AES membership. The number of awards granted each year is contingent upon available funds.
- Be matriculating in a full-time doctoral (Ph.D.) program in a field relevant to epilepsy research
- Have a defined research plan and access to institutional resources to conduct the proposed project
- Have a qualified mentor(s) with expertise to supervise and provide guidance on epilepsy-related research
- Have not previously been awarded an American Epilepsy Society or an Epilepsy Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship
U.S. citizenship is not required; however, all research must be conducted in the U.S.
Applications are encouraged from women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.
2017-2018 Application Deadlines and Award Dates:
- September 1, 2017: Application submission opens through proposalCENTRAL
- October 5, 2017: Letters of Intent due
- November 30, 2017: Applicants invited to submit full proposals3
- January 31, 2018: Full proposals due
- May 14, 2018: Award notifications sent out
- July 1, 2018: Earliest start date
All applications must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL.
Click here for more information.