The AES EMU Caring online program is designed for healthcare professionals who care for people being evaluated in Epilepsy Monitoring Units. This program is available to both AES members and non-members.
Upon completion of this program, the learner will:
- Understand the steps required to implement a culture of safety within the EMU
- Improve upon the professional’s and facility’s ability to care for patients
The modules addressing the following topics:
- Introduction to Safety in the EMU (Culture of Safety and Overview of EMU Safety)
- Enhancing Safety Prior to Admission
- Professional Education and Communication
- Assessment and Education of Patient and Family
- Seizure Observation
- Environment and Activity
- Seizure Provocation
- Managing Seizures and Comorbidities
- Preparing for Transition to Outpatient Care
To receive a certificate upon the completion of this course, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page. For a copy of your transcript, click here.
The American Epilepsy Society designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education for Nurses
Jointly provided by AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and the American Epilepsy Society.
Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is awarded 3.5 contact hours.
The Neurodiagnostic Society has granted ASET Continuing Education (ACE) credits for this program. Such crediting, however, should not be construed by program participants as an endorsement of any type of instruments or supplies mentioned or involved in these presentations.
Accreditation refers to educational content only and does not imply endorsement of products or services by PSNA, ANCC, CBRN, or AES.