The American Epilepsy Society accepts support from corporations and other organizations in strict compliance with:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accreditation requirements for medical education providers
- Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS) Code for Interaction with Companies
- American Epilepsy Society (AES) Policy on Commercial Support
AES discloses all corporate support in signage at the AES Annual Meeting and in the AES Annual Meeting program book.
Expenditures may include exhibit booths, sponsorships, advertising, continuing medical education grants, and grants that support AES fellowships, research programs, and education products. All expenditures for the year are totaled for recognition purposes.
American Epilepsy Society recognizes corporate supporters at the following levels:
- Benefactor: $500,000+
- Leader: $250,000-$499,000
- Partner: $100,000-$249,999
- Supporter: $50,000-$99,999
- Contributor: $25,000-$49,999
- Advocate: $10,000-$24,999
- Patron: $5,000-$9,999
These companies supported the American Epilepsy Society in 2021 through medical education grants, exhibiting at AES 2021, advertising, or sponsorships: