By registering for the in-person 2021 AES Annual Meeting, you are committing to abide by all health and safety protocols which may be in place at the time of the meeting—including these vaccination and masking requirements:
- Full vaccination for COVID-19 must be completed at least fourteen days before arriving on-site in Chicago.
- Masks are required except for situations noted below.
Those who are unable to meet these requirements are invited to register for and participate in the AES 2021 Digital Select option.
2021 AES Annual Meeting Vaccination Requirement Details
- To ensure the safety and well-being of our attendees, staff, and partners at the 2021 AES Annual Meeting, COVID-19 vaccinations will be required to attend the in-person event. This requirement applies to all attendees, staff, exhibiting company or organization personnel, vendors, and any other categories of participants and service providers.
- There will be no exceptions to the vaccination requirement.
- Attendees must select the appropriate category at the time of registration. If you will be unable to affirm that you have been fully vaccinated prior to fourteen days in advance of your arrival in Chicago, you must register for the AES 2021 Digital Select option. Note that Digital Select is also open to fully vaccinated attendees, but the in-person meeting is not available to those who are not able to affirm full vaccination.
- No refunds will be issued for unvaccinated individuals who register for the in-person meeting but are unable to affirm they have met the vaccination requirement.
2021 AES Annual Meeting Mask Requirement
- Masks will be required during the in-person annual meeting in Chicago, except in the following limited circumstances:
- When you are actively eating or drinking
- When you are a faculty member presenting at a lecture or panel
- When you are seated in a meeting of 40 or fewer people
- Masks will be required at all times on the poster and exhibit floor, except when you are in the seating area in the back of the hall and actively eating or drinking.
- Any person who does not adhere to the mask policy will be asked to leave the Convention Center and will be denied readmission to the meeting with no refund.
- As AES continues to track public health guidance, this policy may be updated accordingly.
About 2021 AES Digital Select
The 2021 AES Digital Select option will include access to all posters, an exhibitor directory, and 100.25 hours of education—including 75 hours eligible for CME credits—through a convenient, easy-to-navigate virtual platform available concurrently with the in-person meeting. In addition, Digital Select content will be available on-demand for ninety days following the meeting.