The American Epilepsy Society is committed to the health and well-being of our Annual Meeting attendees, exhibitors, staff, vendors, and partners. AES will follow any COVID-19 mitigation guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and any state and local requirements that are in place at the time of the meeting.
AES recommends that attendees be up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters, but attendees are not required to be vaccinated or verify vaccination status. We encourage attendees to practice health safety measures including social distancing, testing when appropriate, taking recommended action when symptomatic or testing positive, and wearing a mask if you choose.
By registering for the AES Annual Meeting, you agree to abide by all AES health and safety protocols.
With your AES 2023 registration, you are committing to:
- Following AES 2023 health and safety protocols, which are subject to change between the date you register and when you arrive at the meeting if CDC guidelines or state and local requirements are updated.
- Canceling your in-person attendance at AES 2023 if you test positive for COVID within seven days of arrival or if you are showing COVID symptoms such as (but not limited to) fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat, headache, and/or loss or change in smell or taste
- Getting tested for COVID if you have any symptoms after arrival
- Self-quarantining if you test positive for COVID after you arrive
You will have access to AES education if illness or a positive test prevents you from participating in-person the AES Annual Meeting.
All in-person registrants (except for one-day-only attendees) automatically receive access to AES 2023 Digital Select, which is the on-demand content recorded at the meeting and available for a ninety-day period starting Tuesday, December 5, 2023.
If communicable symptoms and/or a positive COVID test prevent you from traveling to the annual meeting, you may request a refund of the difference between the in-person and the Digital Select registration for your category by contacting email@example.com.. Adjustments will not be offered if you test positive for COVID or become ill while on location after the start of the meeting.
AES asks all attendees to observe these additional health guidelines at the AES Annual Meeting:
- All participants are asked to respect the choices made by their fellow attendees regarding masks and social distancing. Masks are optional for attendees
- All participants are encouraged to be fully vaccinated, though you will not be required to show documentation of your vaccination status
- Should you need a COVID test, you can find a list of testing options and nearby healthcare locations on the mobile app, at the registration desk, and at the Member Center
AES is taking additional measures for your health safety:
- A portion of the available seating in the majority of education session rooms (symposia, special interest groups, investigator workshops, and special lectures) will be set to allow social distancing.
- Sanitizer will be available throughout the venue. High-contact areas will be frequently sanitized.
- The Orange County Convention Center has received its Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ facility accreditation on outbreak prevention, response, and recovery.
- Due to fire and safety regulations, doors will be closed to any education session room or other rooms that fill to capacity. (Because AES does not require pre-registration for individual sessions, consider arriving early to sessions to ensure you get a seat.)
- Other health and safety measures implemented by the convention center can be found here.
Those who are unable to meet AES 2023 health and safety requirements are invited to register for and participate in the AES 2023 Digital Select option, which will provide access to recordings of selected sessions during the ninety-day on-demand period following AES 2023 that will begin on Tuesday, December 5, 2023.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure a safe meeting for all participants.